Re: which kernel version for etch

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 04:13:41PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 16:08, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> > I would like to point out the we will not allow a release of Etch with
> > a vulnerable kernel, as it happened with Sarge, and from discussions on
> > IRC I am sure this is a consensus. Updating and building the kernel
> > images, udebs and the installer currently takes approximately one week
> > round trip time.
>
> I would say two weeks is more realistic, mostly because of the need for
> BYHAND processing for the installer.

Well, we could have brought this to a much smaller time, if there had been any
attempt at cooperation from the d-i team, and as you vetoed any tentative of
discussion concerning the kernel .udebs, it is your own fault that this is so,
and tyhe mail you spam all over the porter lists asking for rebuilds of the
kernel .udebs are only proof of your lack of vision on this issue.

The kernel team did a huge work this past year to get the kernel releaseable
in a timely fashion, but the d-i team did not move anything to do their part
of the job, and even meet any tentative of progress on the kernel .udeb front
with abuse.

So, get your act together and move your ass, any delay in d-i caused by a
kernel ABI bump is your direct responsability, and you are solely responsible
for getting it done in a timely fashion.