which kernel version for etch

Hi,

our original plan has been to release the d-i RC on 14th August, and
freeze the kernel for this on July 30th. Is this plan still current? If
so, can we expect an acceptable kernel on these days? The plan also
included a small window around October 15th to allow an ABI bump / a new
kernel version into etch - I hope this is still ok for all involved.

Please note that from the release team's side, there is no requirement
to freeze the kernel in any other way than to allow the installer
at this time, so making the time span between freeze and d-i RC shorter
won't get an objection from us if the installer team is happy.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/