Re: My unstable doesn't boot anymore

Cesare Leonardi wrote:
As you can see the modules to mount my ATA (not sata) drive are in place. I have tryed to mount root manually:
mount /dev/hda2 /
but it fails.

I wrote / but i wanted to say /root.
The correct command:
mount /dev/hda2 /root
fails with this error:

cramfs: wrong magic
mount: Mounting /dev/hda2 on /root failed: Invalid argument

I have done some test and if i try to mount specifing the fs type (-t ext3) it succeed and now if i type "exit" the system boot correctly. So it seems to be a problem in udev that fails to mount the root filesystem, probably in /scripts/local. In the meantime i've learned that aptitude has a nice log and it confirmed me that in the last update udev has passed from 0.88-2 to 0.89-1.

Since the problem is critical, i'll file a bug to udev immediately, hoping that my considerations are correct.

But am i really the only with this problem?

Regards.

Cesare.