Bug#348572: Wishlist Bug - Please enable SATA ATAP Support
- To: "Allyn, Mark A" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, "Parenteau, Paul A" <email@example.com>, "Lomartire, David M" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jennings, Michael" <email@example.com>, Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Bug#348572: Wishlist Bug - Please enable SATA ATAP Support
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:12:16 +0100
- Message-id: <20060118011216.GA26834@localhost.localdomain>
- Reply-to: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <75EC4D5486CAC247B84AAAA6F96AA55806821731@orsmsx402.amr.corp.intel.com>
- References: <75EC4D5486CAC247B84AAAA6F96AA55806821731@orsmsx402.amr.corp.intel.com>
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:10:48AM -0800, Allyn, Mark A wrote:
> Package: kernel-image
> Version: 2.6.15-rc6-test
> Severity: Wishlist
> I would like to bring to your attention the desire for Debian
> to support SATA ATAPI CD Drives.
I am not 100 % sure, but i believe that this request has already been made
multiple times in the past (did you look at the existing bug reports ?).
If i remember well, the reply was that we will enable SATA ATAPI support once
it is deemed stable enough to be enabled upstream, as you justly said :
> However, that support is disabled by default in the 2.6.15
> kernel because some consider it not production ready.
but i will let others comment.