Re: 2.6.14 status summary, and upcoming 2.6.15 ...

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 12:13:50AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hi all, ...
>
> Well, fs uploaded 2.6.14-4, and i think now is a good time to examine the
> current situation and make a status summary, and plan for the future.

Ok, i did a bit of cleanup of the RC bugs, and there seems to be the following
issues i am aware of :

  1) the linux-header mess. We need to fix it or confirm it is fixed in 2.6.14-4.

  2) dpt_io driver seem to have some trouble. I sense that this may be due to
  the wrong driver taking care of the card, and doing a bad job of it. There
  are two separate bugs about this. Someone needs to investigate this, but i
  get a feeling that it maybe udev initramfs-tools/yaird related.

  3) the initramfs/ia64 situation. either we need yaird with initrd support,
  use plain initrd-tools on ia64, or fix this. No news about a fix in that bug
  report though.

  4) #335656 is probably an acpi/irq/whatever breakage, and only needs the
  right kernel command line option to work. This seems to be a mess, and
  someone with more knowledge or interest in x86 hardware need to have a look.
  The reporter needs to provide more real info though.

Well, that is all i could say about the linux-2.6 RC bugs, there may be some
issues related to the latest udev though, and more ramdisk-tool issues we
didn't catch yet though.