Re: kernel-package and the build symlink ... I don't think we can continue to use k-p under current conditions.

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:28:25AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 07 November 2005 09:44, Sven Luther wrote:
> >   09:25 < Manoj> the whole "You do are not following the official way,
> > so fuck off, you looser bit is not something I can support
> >   09:30 < Manoj> theofficial kernel teams botched this issue, and
> > diverged, I am keeping the kernel-package behaviour the same as it has
> > been since 1996
>
> Sven, I've seen you make very similar remarks in your mails/comments on
> IRC to Manoj. This is not helping.

Oh, you want a few more :

09:11 < lennert> fwiw i'm with svenl on this one
09:13 < Manoj> well, there is too much going on to have to deal with clueless
ad hominems
09:14 < Manoj> before you pontificate on which side your august opinions sides
with, perhaps you should understand what the sides really are?
09:13 < lennert> geeez
09:13 < lennert> guess i ended up in #wank-central, sorry guys
09:16 -!- lennert [~<hidden>] has left #debian-kernel []
09:45 < Manoj> svenl: then you guys are, in my opinion, not really worth
dealing with.
09:56 < Manoj> svenl: you, sir, are an idiot, if you think that people who
install just a kernel-image or kernel-image+kernel-headers and wanting to
compile thiord party modules are fewer than people who just install random
headers and compile third party modules.

Face it, nothing is going to help.

> The fact that you are unable to convince someone means that you either
> need to involve other people or take a step back and look at the problem
> yourself again. Failure to reach an agreement is always to blame on both
> parties.

Sure, and i ma the only one to blame here, right ? And Manoj is ok. Why you
didn't step in when he started making outwordly claims and fails to present a
single technical argument to back his claims, and ignores my own reasonable
requests.

I mean, where was he when we discussed this over 6 month ago and fixed the
packages accordyingly ? Then was time to comment. Now he just comes and breaks
everything, and is insulting to everyone not agreeing with him ?