Re: realtime-lsm and Debian kernel

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:23:04PM +0200, Guenter Geiger wrote:
> For most of the time this has actually been the case for Debian kernels,
> unfortunately these setting seem to have changed, so that with the new
> 2.6.13 release the capability.ko is compiled into the kernel, which makes
> it impossible to influence security aspects of a running kernel.

Both capability and selinux can be disabled on request. The other
problems will be fixed by proper chain support for security modules.

> Is there a reason for these changes ?

There is no change. The capability modul was always builtin on some
architectures.

> Can this be considered a bug and should I file a bug report ?

wishlist+upstream for proper chain support.

Bastian

--
We Klingons believe as you do -- the sick should die.  Only the strong
should live.