Re: kernel 2.6.12 release on sid
Harald Dunkel wrote:
Would you like to try building your own debian kernel package?
Its pretty easy:
- apt-get install kernel-package
- extract the linux 2.6.12 sources in /usr/src (for example)
- apply the patches you would like to include
- copy /boot/config-2.6.8 to /usr/src/linux-2.6.12/.config
- 'cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.12 && make menuconfig' and add the
options you would like to have
- make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --revision 1 --initrd buildpackage
sorry one question: I missed the meaning of "buildpackage" option. I
always used something like:
fakeroot make-kpkg --append-to-version=-custom --initrd
-revision=rev.02 kernel_image modules_image
Is this not right for compiling a vanilla kernel?