Re: patch for RAID performance problems in 2.6.11

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 05:36:59PM +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I hope you can answer me a question. :-)
>
> Beginning with 2.6.10-bk7, a bug has made its way into the vanilla
> kernel leading to slow IDE and especially very slow software RAID
> performance.
>
> None of the patches I have found (something with readahead etc.) worked
> for me.
>
> Can you tell me which patch you have included in your Debian packages,
> so I can adopt them for my own compilations?

At a quick look, it seems like it might be included in the
patch-2.6.11.10.patch, but I am not entirely sure.  Are you sure that
vanilla 2.6.11 (and 2.6.12 for that matter) are broken and that Debian's
2.6.11 is ok?

If you install the kernel-patch-debian-2.6.11 package, then you will get
all the patches we have applied.  You can also rumage around for them on
svn.debian.org

--
Horms