Re: r3297 - in trunk/kernel/source/kernel-source-2.6.11-2.6.11/debian: . patches patches/series

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:37:08AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:32:37AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Christoph, why in hell do you CC me on costa.debian.org and not use my
> > @debian.org adress :)
>
> I just did an reply to the commit mail..

Yeah, guessed such, maybe alioth/svn/whatever should be fixed to be more smart
about this.

> > Because i am trying to build kernels that work for ppc64 boxes, as nobody is
> > helping me out on this, i do what i can. Notice that this is stuff worked on
> > by Cajus, who apparently managed to get some IBM boxes donated to the
> > augsbourg university on behalf of the debian project, Altough i guess nobody
> > else knew about it, and i just recently found out about that.
> >
> > Actually i should have added it to a a branch or something though.
> >
> > That said, it is just a driver, if you don't enable it, you will never see it :)
> > And i am perfectly happy to drop it as not needed once i have a successfull
> > report on logical partitioned working, which is currently failing, as reported
> > by David Gaya, and his gentoo kernel worked. See the ppc64 mailing lists for
> > that.

> > > And no, it's totally not needed for these systems to work.
> >
> > Ok, fine, what should be used then instead ? Can you provide your
> > enlightnement on what is needed here, and maybe comment on the above mentioned
> > failure ? The link seems to be :
> >
> >   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-ppc64-devel/2005-June/000123.html
>
> that mail is to 90% a big base64 blob, people are too stupid to
> configure their mailers these days :P

Hehe, indeed. Well, i forwarded you the more usefull mail, altough i don't
remember where the gentoo .config file is, i can investigate this lter if
needed, unless you have an insight.

BTW, we should have access to logical partitions at the augsbour uni now, so
this could be tested there, if you feel like this, i will not be able to in
the next 2 weeks.