Re: sarge kernel updates - IRC meeting at Tuesday, 6:30 UTC

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:27:36PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> i was asked to send a summary out of that session,
> anyway please correct me if it's wrong:
>
> * d-k in testing is frozen.
>   that means that current debian-installer rc3,
>   and testing kernels are the kernel for sarge.
>
> * security updates via t-p-u
>   in order to get better coverage the non abi breaking fixes
>   (yes they are in svn) will be uploaded to unstable

I intend to upload 2.4.27-10 source and i386 today.
These are currently at: http://debian.vergenet.net/testing/

Turns out I am doing the PPC build too, hopefully today,
if not by the end of the week.

I am currently looking at making sure everything from the 2.6.11.7
patch makes it back into 2.6.8. There seem to be a handful of
patches needed. I have this working localy and hope to clean
it up and get it into SVN soon. Real soon.

> * there is a nice overview of all sarge kernel bugs provided by aba:
>   http://bts.turmzimmer.net/kernel.php
>   yes those bugs need work.

Very nice.

--