kernel and upgrades from woody to sarge

Hi,

during my investigation for the next release update, it seems that there
are more upgrade issues related to the kernel than I had tought. With
the great help from a lot of people I compiled that list:

+ real i386 - already handled by Frank together with the kernel team.
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/10/msg00256.html

+ hppa: 64bit kernel with 32bit user land - details unknown.

+ arm: upgrade doesn't work with 2.2, but can work with 2.4.24 or above.
  (perhaps also with older versions, currently unknown)
  (details: glibc vs kernel, source: kylem, tested on netwinder)

+ sparc: 32 bit kernel: glibc vs kernel, source: joshk
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/09/msg00082.html

+ mips(el): glibc vs kernel
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/09/msg00085.html
  ths: should work, if kernel is upgraded first, but needs to be tested.
  ths is on it.

This list was only intended as a reminder list, and is placed on
http://release.debian.org/upgrade-kernel

Any corrections and further results are welcome. I hope I have managed
to get it right, as I'm not really familiar with the different kernels.

Thanks,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/