Re: [PROPOSAL] 2.4.27 as default 2.4 kernel for sarge

> >   Based on discussions on the debian-kernel list[1], I'd like to propose
> > that we use 2.4.27 as the 2.4 kernel for all architectures with 2.4 kernels
> > in sarge.  The strongest arguments for 2.4.27, as opposed to 2.4.26 were noted
> > by tbm [3].
>
> On a similar note, it has been known for almost a month now that the 2.6.8
> kernel packages will be the default 2.6 kernel for sarge, and it seems to
> solve at least one d-i related bug (don't remember the bug number too).
> Powerpc 2.6.8 kernel .udebs are already uploaded, altough the favorable NEW
> processing that .udebs are under don't seem to have extended to those
> packages yet.

Well, I hope this is only my environment side problem, but I met a
serious problem with both 2.4.27 and 2.6.8 for i386 architecture.

2.4.27 won't load specific ide driver for support DMA transfer, and
2.6.8 dumps oops and crashes immediately around ACPI. (they are
already reported to BTS)

2.4.26 and 2.6.7 work...

Thanks,
--