Re: kernel-package Help

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:11:31AM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Horms writes:
>
> > > A separate source package raises synchronization issues.  So those
> > > meta packages should just be removed from older kernel-image source
> > > packages.
> >
> > Could you elaborate on what synchronisation issues you forsee?
>
> The two scenarios that spring to my mind immediately are:
>
> The processing delay of an updated real package in the new queue leads
> to the corresponding meta package being uninstallable.  This can be
> minimised with careful fine-tuning of the upload of the meta package,
> but cannot be avoided at all.

Well, the idea is to first upload the packages, but keep the meta package
pointing to the old ones until the new one reach unstable, and then upload the
new meta package.

And notice that if you change your mind later on, you can make the
meta-package depend on the older package again or something such.