2.6.8 in sarge

debian-kernel team,

I'm not sure if people are interested in hearing about users' feelings about 2.6.8, (or the right place to send this), but aside from all the reasons discussed here, I _really_ want to see 2.6.8 in sarge.

2.6.8 includes proper lvm snapshot support (most importantly, including the VFS patches), which are a pretty good feature for being able to make a fileserver and being able to back it up properly. 2.6.7 doesn't. Certainly, making custom kernels wouldn't be the end of the world, but maintaining security patches for 2.6.8, or tracking testing/unstable for the kernel seems like it will get messy if sarge remains stable for a long time..

-SteveK