Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 07:41:37PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 07:44:46PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ok, i am giving dpatchification a first attempt. The complicated part
> > would be to add the proper attribution and description to each .dpatch
> > file. I will leave them blank for now.
>
> I'll try to fill them out.

Ok, mostly it is the patch name, altough i could have done that with a
bit smarter script, and the attributor of the patch. They are in the
second line. Usually, the comment should be moved to the ##DP: lines,
but this should be ok like it is.

> > Also, we will loose the ability to have the different debian patches,
> > and be able to build against those. Is this a major problem ?
>
> Sorry, I don't parse that completely.  You mean differen
> kernel-patch-debian* packages?

Nope, there was 2.6.6 for upstream, 2.6.6-1 for the debian patch -1, and
2.6.6-2 for the debian patch -2, this was in order for third party folk
to be able to build agains different versions of the kernel package.

On the plus side, dpatch is able to have a per arch patch list, but this
is not really usefull for us in the current implementation.