Re: [wli@holomorphy.com: Re: NMU: kernel]

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 03:02:46PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Anything else is a maintainance nightmare in the long term.
>
> Sure, but it provides for localized testing before large scale
> deployement later on.

Shouldn't a distribution kernel by production and not testing of random
changes?

BTW, did you review asfs and the orinco patch properly before including?
I haven't seen you as either filesystem or network driver experts on
linux lists.  Note that this is not a personal attack, I'm no net driver
expert either and wouldn't claim I alone could review such a driver.

I am familar with filesystem drivers thouch and asfs doesn't pass a
review.

This is one more reason I'd like to see a maintaince team instead of
gazillions of arch maintainers in their own small tower and let as
much work as possible upstream.
The kernel is a very complex piece of software, and there's very few if
any people understanding all parts good enough to make educated decisions
whether a change is okay or not.