Re: split patches for kernel-patch-debian

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 07:14:39PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> > > Um, what's wrong with kernel-package?
>
> > Nothing if you ask me.  I'm just guessing there was a reason that
> > it isn't used for the default kernel-source and kernel-image.
>
> But it *is* being used now.  I just checked the source packages
> kernel-source-2.6.6 and kernel-image-2.6.6-i386 to be sure.

You're right of course.  I looked at the srange debian/patches/list
file format and gave up on the stock kernel-patch packaging and
went for the experimental kernel packaging instead because it looked
easier.

Another good reason why I only should help out on patch management
and stay away from packaging as far as possible :)