Re: Debian non-x86 kernel arches

Hi,

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 01:22:16PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> I'd like to propose we attempt to build x86, amd64, ppc, and ia64
> kernels from the same source tree. Arches like mips and m68k will
> probably still need extra patches. But we should really be working to
> mainline those patches.

I actually have build a first amd64 kernel images set[1], which is in
fact based on debians kernel-source and kernel-patch-debian.

The source pacakge actually creates 3 flavours: a generic x86_64 kernel
for DI, k8 and k8-smp.

At present state a kernel-patch-amd64 would only be needed if 2.6.7
takes ways too long to release, considering the lots of fixes in the
BK snapshots. I will look more closely into this when I finished working
on the D-I parts.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

[1]: http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.6.6-amd64/