Re: Debian kernel maintainter takeover

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 13.27, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:58:36PM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
> > I am interested to join/help out in the kernel maintenance.
> >
> > I am not sure if it matters because I am not a DD yet but I am
> > very keen and I do hope to hear from anyone of you soon.
>
> Please consider to join the projecy and pass the NM process.
> You can anyway help the kernel maintainance by reporting bugs
> and suggesting patches, anyway.

IANADD. And, in any case, YMMV, of course.

From what I see suggested in other similar situations, Eugene should
start helping the kernel maintainers wherever he can (if kernel sources
end up on alioth, this would eventually include commit access etc. -
IIRC this doesn't need DD status).

If he then starts NM, the kernel maintainers could support his
applications and certify that he does useful work for the project.

In that way he wouldn't need to adopt some packages only to go through
NM when what he really wants is to help the kernel maintainers. (And I
guess taking over kernel-xxx... as a first package is not the way to
go :-)

greetings
-- vbi

--