Re: Debian kernel maintainter takeover

* Andres Salomon (dilinger@voxel.net) [040514 18:55]:
> I've got a small list of interested parties (including Goswin) that I've
> emailed Herbert.  As far as "lead", I don't know if that's how this should
> be structured; I'd see more of a release manager type role.  Someone
> who plans roadmaps for (and prepares) new debian kernel releases.  If no
> one steps up, I'm fine with doing this.

Thanks for you being ready to play this part. In my opinions, it's
really necessary to have such a "release manager" / "leader" / ....
I was also considering to step forward, but of course, I prefer if
someone else does it. ;)

One other change I'd like to see ASAP is to having a "first class
architecture set" instead of a individual kernel for i386 and alpha
(and possible more to add to this).

Cheers,
Andi
--