Re: KDE 4.8 and KDEPIM 2

Dear Martin,

[Sorry for the previous empty message, I accidentally hit Ctrl+Enter
before writing anything :) ]

Am Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:16:43 +0100
schrieb Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>:
> Any plans for KDE 4.8? (I looked in git for kdebase-runtime to see
> whether you are already active on it.)

Ignoring the fact, that kdebase-runtime is an empty transition package,
which was replaced by kde-runtime, there are no plans and hence no ETA
for 4.8 and kdepim2 yet.

> What about KDEPIM 2 - from what I read on kdepim and kdepim-users
> mailinglist it might be wise to still wait a little bit more.

Same answer as above.
Both will not be considered until 4.7.4 enters unstable.

> Since KDE 4.7.4 is still in experimental despite IMHO working quite
> well: Will Wheezy ship with KDE 4.6.5 and KDEPIM 4.4.5?

We hope to get at least 4.7.4 in wheezy but have to wait for
the release team's ok. You can follow the transition status at [1].

Best regards,

Eshat

eshat cakar                               gpg-id: 799B 95D5
web: www.eshat.de