Re: kde 4.6

Hello,

On sekmadienis 27 Kovas 2011 13:14:24 Igor Sheykin wrote:
> I think this question is very popular in the last few weeks.
> Nevertheless, "When would be KDE 4.6.x added to debian repos?",
> or it would be better to ask "Would some new KDE4 versions added to
> debian repos before Wheezy stable release?".
> What are the reasons why there are no new versions of KDE4 ?

KDE SC 4.6.1 -> http://qt-kde.debian.net/ (ETA a few days). This time new KDE
will not conflict with most third-party applications (e.g. ktorrent, kdiff3
etc.) from official archive (however there might be a few crashes, not sure
yet).

Official archive will get KDE SC 4.6.2 or later.

P.S. Upgrade will not be very smooth for semiofficial KDE SC 4.5.1/4.5.3
users. Some more advanced apt/aptitude/dpkg experience might be needed. Be
prepared.

--
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>