Re: kdepim and google integration

On Wednesday, 2011-01-26, Dietz Pröpper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the last weekend I found some time to look into kdepim/google integration
> by means of akonadi-kde-resource-googledata.
>
> It worked nearly out of the box, just one issue remains: To update i.e.
> calendar ressources I have to trigger that update manually by means of
> akonadiconsole.
>
> Now the question - what's left to do to have the akonadi plugins
> periodically poll for updates? (firing up akonadiconsole is a little pita
> ;-)

I think the next version of KOrganizer will have an interface for configuring
that.

What you can do right now is activating interval checking through
Akonadiconsole.
To do that switch to its "Browser" tab (second tab), right click the calendar
folder and go to folder properties.
In that dialog again second tab ("Cache"), uncheck "inherit from parent" and
change the value of "interval check time" to as many minutes you want the
resource to wait between checking for updates.

Cheers,
Kevin