Re: KDE SC 4.5.1 packages available

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> WOW! Thanks a lot. Installing currently. The following packages are to be
> removed:
>
> - kdebluetooth

kdebluetooth is deprecated, even if you are on 4.4.5, I strongly
suggest that you remove it and install bluedevil. I am going to
provide a transitional package as well very soon.

> - kappfinder

This is also deprecated, it has been removed from upstream sources.

> - plasma-widget-smooth-tasks

I had no idea this one was packaged. I'll see if I can rebuild it.

> I wonder about ATI Radeon related issues:
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#KDE_4.5_specific_graphics.27_issues
>
> http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2010/09/driver-dilemma-in-kde-
> workspaces-4-5/
>
> Let's see. I am using Radeon DRM/KMS already. Just in case it maybe is
> enough to deactivate the blur and/or the lanczos filter.

I am also using Radeon with KMS and I haven't noticed any serious
problems. It feels like it did in 4.4.5. However, I must say I am
using mesa 7.9-git, not the one in the debian archive.

Regards,
George