Re: KDE SC 4.5.1 packages available

Am Donnerstag 09 September 2010 schrieb George Kiagiadakis:
> Hello,

Hello George,

> Semi-official KDE SC 4.5.1 packages are now available at
> http://qt-kde.debian.net/. Enjoy!
>
> Unfortunately not all of the packages are ready yet, so you may notice
> that some things are missing. The missing source packages at the
> moment are kdeaccessibility, kdeadmin, kdegames, kdemultimedia,
> kdebindings, kdetoys, kdewebdev and kde-l10n as well as meta-kde (the
> kde-standard and misc metapackages). Despite this, you can upgrade
> everything else just fine from your existing KDE SC 4.4.5 using the
> instructions given on that site.
>
> Once all the packages are prepared and working, we plan to release
> them to Debian experimental. Until then, any updates or new prepared
> packages will go to this repository.

WOW! Thanks a lot. Installing currently. The following packages are to be
removed:

- kdebluetooth
- kappfinder
- plasma-widget-smooth-tasks

Nothing too serious. ;-)

I like that Digikam and Amarok remain installable.

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

I wonder about ATI Radeon related issues:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#KDE_4.5_specific_graphics.27_issues

http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2010/09/driver-dilemma-in-kde-
workspaces-4-5/

Let's see. I am using Radeon DRM/KMS already. Just in case it maybe is
enough to deactivate the blur and/or the lanczos filter.

> We appologize for the long delay since 4.5.0 was released, but I hope
> you understand the reasons behind this (getting squeeze ready, work,
> real life, summer vacations, few active people in the team, etc...)

No need to apologize. You are doing *great* work. Thanks a lot.

I will use KDE SC 4.5.1 on my laptop, and continue to use KDE 4.4.5 on my
workstation so that both will get some test coverage.

Ciao,