Re: KOffice 2.2.0 available for general consumption

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 01:08:52PM +0200, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Krita and karbon are ready for end users, other apps not.
> Putting all the suite in Squeeze will expose you to a lot of bugs report! By
> not putting it, we will see a lot of complaints on this mailing list. The
> good thing is that every one can answer on this list.

I can only stress here (no for you, to all the users): if you do not send
the bug report to upstream adding all the information you can and being
able to provide more information when asked, your posibilities of getting
the bug report fixed are very low.

> If it is not too much work, I would suggest to put krita and karbon in
> Squeeze and the other packages in another repository when they will be
> usable. Then, you will add a line in koffice, karbon and krita packages
> description (looks like nobody read READMEs) explaining that.

No going to happen. KOffice includes a bunch of program with very diferent
public. I have interest in kspread, kword and kivio, but I don't draw (with
or without computer) so my usage and interest in krita and karbon is only
opening them before uploading new version of koffice to make sure they work :)

Currently my opinion is the less mature apps are not in worse shape that the
koffice 1.6 shipped in Lenny, while the more mature apps seems to be superior
to those in Lenny.

More information:

Ana