Re: authentication fails when trying to change time settings with systemsettings (sid)

Hello,

On penktadienis 28 Gegužė 2010 10:25:52 te.richardson@gmail.com wrote:
> Trying to use 4.4.3's systemsettings on sid to change date/time fails
> when trying to gain root privileges.
> (work-around is kdesu systemsettings)
>
> Are others getting this problem? I guess so. I did some googling and
> came across threads where kde say it's an upstream bug, yet providing
> workaround which involve moving some files around in the the directory
> structure, which sounds like a distribution could fix this.
> but it's well over my head.
> However, I think it would be a shame for Debian not to fix this (easy
> for me to say, of course).

Install polkit-kde-1. It is Recommends of some KDE SC core package and Depends
of kde-standard.

So it is a general rule from now on - please install kde-standard if you want
as painless KDE SC as possible or you really know what you are doing.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>