How to improve font-using in KDE4?

Hi,

im comparison to another computer, working still with Lenny, the
display of fonts in Konsole is bad:-(
Without antialiasing on Squeeze (as in Lenny) the fonts are angular,
with activated antialiasing the fonts are too spongy. So, where do I
have to search to resolve this problem? On my Lenny-Desktop font in
Konsole without antialiasing looks perfect. In Squeeze not:-(
Ah: another one: in Lenny the used font is "Fixed [misc]" and it can
display an "€". Using "Fixed [misc]" in Squeeze cannot show me the "€"
anymore:-(

Any hints?

ciao, Dirk