Re: KDE 4.4.3 upgrade eats 141 MB of /home

> As a KDE4.3 user with 1TB of disk, I'm way more annoyed at
> kio_http_cache_cleaner starting regularly and eating my computer's I/O than
> the HTTP cache growing big. I can easily notice when the the cache cleaner
> is running from the HD light, the HD noise, and the general system lag.
>
> There *has* to be a better way to clean an HTTP cache than to stat every
> single file in the cache to then delete a tiny fraction of them. Someone
> told me 4.4 improved in this area, but I don't know specifics, and remain
> skeptical.

Officially this problem has been solved. The only difference I see though is that
killing the process will instantly create a new one. So for me it got worse,
rather then better.

One would think there was another way, after all other browsers seem to get by
without that much IO. I guess it's just an unpopular area of KDE so nobody
really wants to sit down and fix it. Never had any issues with 3.5, not sure
what was changed afterwards.

-Christoph