Re: SIP Phone Alternatives

On Vie 07 May 2010 21:07:19 Mark Purcell escribió:
> On Saturday 08 May 2010 09:52:24 Leonardo Meira wrote:
> > In Lenny I use Twinkle to use my SIP phone account.
> > But in Squeeze I'd like to use another application in the place of
> > Twinkle. Preferentially a software better integrated to the KDE 4.x/Qt
> > 4.x desktop which is what I use.
> >
> > Any alternative? Please give me suggestions.
>
> IMHO twinkle is still the lead in KDE, even though it is now dead upstream
> :-(
>
> ekiga is very solid and worth looking at.
>
> Others showing promise are yate-qt4 (active development) and linphone.

As for another non-qt softphone there's sflphone.

But yes, Twinkle seems to be the lead in KDE. Maybe it's time to stand up and
code a new version :-)

--
"With great power comes great responsibility."
  Peter Parker's uncle.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/