Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Am Dienstag 11 Mai 2010 schrieb Mike Bird:
> On Mon May 10 2010 15:20:52 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > This list is not for development issues like developing / maintaining
> > KDE 3.5 packages for Squeeze.
> >
> > So IMHO any further request for KDE 3.5 in Squeeze is off topic on
> > this list as Debian KDE/Qt maintainers repeatedly said they won't.
>
> Please don't lie.  This list is for "Discussions related to KDE in
> Debian. Those developing KDE-based packages are encouraged to use this
> to discuss issues and share their experience."
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/

First its IMHO.

Second its from what I understood about the different purposes of debian-
kde and qt-kde-ml mailing lists.

And debian-kde is clearly sorted as users mailing list:

Debian in KDE
http://lists.debian.org/users.html

debian-qt-kde: Packages using Qt and/or KDE
http://lists.debian.org/devel.html

So I think my view is not that far off.

So or so: Your posts did not seem to me to bring anyone even the slightest
bit forward towards having KDE 3.5.

So I finish with a suggestion, how this can work:

Hi developers and users of Debian in KDE,

I set up an Alioth project repository of KDE 3.5 packages that I forward-
ported to Squeeze at:

http://some-alioth-url

Right now I started just with the forward port of the basic KDE packages.

I like to continue that work and to make the package co-installable with
KDE 4.

I appreciate any helping hand. If you are a user and want to use KDE 3 I
encourage you to try may package. Please note they are not co-installable
with KDE 4 in the moment. If you are a developer please help me with
building and polishing packages.

If you want to help out, subscribe to mailinglist xyz.

Regards,
Mike

Now, how about that, Mike? How about being the change you want to achieve?

Thanks.

Note: KDE 3.5 doesn't really need to be co-installable for those only
interested in KDE 3.5. At least not initially.

Just a small start might pull this off for you. But if you do not *act*,
probably nothing will happen. You can't change those who are not
interested in providing KDE 3.5 for Debian Squeeze. So either you start
pulling it off for yourself or it - unless someone else feels the
motivation to do it - *will just not happen*.

Its as easy as that.

Ciao,