Re: What needs to improve in KDE 4?

Alle lunedì 10 maggio 2010, Dotan Cohen ha scritto:
> Please tell us what problems, bugs, or issues KDE 4 that make it
> difficult to use. Please be very specific so that bugs can be filed
> and the software can be fixed. General statements such as "KDE4 sux"
> are not welcome, as they do not give any indication as to what can be
> fixed.
>
> Comparisons to KDE 3 are welcome, but please do not simply state
> "should be like KDE 3". Rather, please state how KDE 4 behaves, and
> how you would prefer it to behave (even if that means describing in
> detail KDE 3 behaviour).
>
> My intention is to file issues and get bugs fixed, not to fight.
> Nobody is ordered to participate in this thread, but all are welcome.

Probably you expect those that complained about KDE4  to write here all
their complaints. For me KDE is good enough, but needs to be improved a
lot in these sections:
-knetworkmanager. It fails to activate the wifi card if something shut
it, and you need to write in konsole: ifconfig wlan0 up to work around
this problem.
-kprinter is missing completely
-Some grouping problems in the features: why to tweak the desktop should
I go on system-settings, while to change the wallpaper I need to right
click on the desktop and select: Activity?
I bet that almost all of my requests are already in the bugtracking
system, but it's something you can start with. Ciao

Valerio