Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On 10 May 2010 15:38, Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:
> On Mon May 10 2010 05:14:57 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
>> So far most of the "discussion" has been whining about where KDE 4 is
>> perceived to be worse than KDE 3.5 and whining that "somebody should please
>> do something".
>
> KDE 4 has far more problems - both conceptually and in
> implementation - than KDE 3.5.  I wasn't aware that KDE 4
> had received an exemption from discussion of problems.  Every
> other package in Debian seems able to stand the heat.
>
> Nevertheless the KDE 3.5 users are not trying to block KDE 4
> in any way.  It is the KDE 4 true believers who are obstructing
> KDE 3.5 at every opportunity.
>
> Now if you have nothing useful to say about KDE 3.5, please
> stop trolling this thread.

Just let them go, Adrian. When I to to fix KDE 4 for these two, I am
"obstructing KDE 3.5 at every opportunity". Let them troll themselves
into obscurity. At least they cannot complain that nobody tried to
help them get the features they need into KDE 4. Well, they will
complain about that because apparently I "ordered" them to tell me
what is wrong with KDE 4, instead of simply deducing that out of thin
air.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com