Re: Best way to install kde-standard

On 2010-05-08 Sven Joachim wrote:
> > Suggestions?
>
> File a bug report.

I first want to know if I'm the only one and/or try to find the cause of the issue before filing a bug
report.
But I'll start a separate thread for it.

> > Since the noveau driver didn't seem capable of rendering kde/kdm properly
> > I installed the nvidia  drivers (the debian way).
>
> Does hibernating work with the nvidia driver?  BTW, nouveau should work
> fine if you disable desktop effects.

Nope, hibernating does not work with the nvidia driver, but I didn't/couldn't test it with the
nouveau driver, since I couldn't get a login screen to begin with and Ctl+Alt+F1 didn't respond
either, so it was unusable for me.
Had to do Ctl+Alt+SysRq+(REISUB) and boot into single user mode to get my system working again.

Desktop effects seems to be disabled by default on laptops, so that's probably not it.

Diederik