Re: Is it just me or is this a Debian list?

Hello,

On penktadienis 07 Gegužė 2010 21:39:19 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Heyho!
>
> Yes, KDE 4 is not was KDE 3 was.  It is different.  This can be discussed
> and there probably is no "right" answer.
>
> But my impression is that this list is about packaging KDE for Debian and
> not about developing Debian.  There are KDE mailing lists for discussions
> about KDE.

No, this list is for support of Debian KDE users.

> Discussions about reproducing KDE bugs are probably appropriate as well
> since some of the bugs might be specific to Debian.  And at least it's a
> technical discussion and gets some much needed QA work done.

Of course they are appropriate. KDE users are subscribed to this and who else
if not could try reproducing bugs?

> Discussions about Kmyrandomprogram needing whizbangfeaturelib are just not
> appropriate for this list.  Restating the same opinions repeatedly in
> increasingly angry/annoyed tone is not helpful.  Take it up with the KDE
> folks, and even if some of the KDE folks are also Debian folks: take it to
> the KDE discussion space (be it lists, forums, blogs, I don't care.)

Well, the discussions what about whether feature X which is somewhat
"complete" could be included in Debian. The idea was not wrong by itself, but
whether the discussion ended up to be constructive is another question.

> (And: my C++ skills suck and I can't devote as much time as I wished to it.
> So my kmail still doesn't have sane "Ignore thread" behaviour.  Which is
> probably one of the reasons I'm writing this rant as I otherwise wouldn't
> have noticed that the discussions I'm talking about are still going on...
> No, Sune, not much hope I'll become KDE upstream anytime soon :-)

That's an example what you write to bugs.kde.org, not this list. We do not
implement features.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>