Re: kde SC 4.4

I am avaluating KDE 4.4 as I updated this main desktop machine last
night.  So far, so good.  As I was getting some weird behavior for the
past several weeks so I moved ~/.kde out of the way after the upgrade
and before starting KDE 4.4.  So far, so good.

I am still annoyed by the lack of a native Konsole beep and Device
Notifier, while much improved, still lacks a way to simply mount
removable media without having to run Dolphin (I mostly use Midnight
Commander and I use a DE to ease working with removable media).  I also
think that setting a different wallpaper for each desktop could be more
intuitive than having to enable desktop activities in the Settings
Manager, then zoom out with the cashew, then set the wallpaper via
right-click menu from each desktop, and find out it's a craps shoot
which desktop has which wallpaper.  But those are nits I've noticed
so far and are fixable.

Dotan, if you'd like more input from me, please ask.

Otherwise, 4.4 is working well for me as far as I tried various things
over the course of a couple of hours so I think I'll stick around.  ;-)

- Nate >>