Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thu May 6 2010 10:24:08 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Even with perfect packaging KDE SC 4 is slow and unreliable,
>
> Slow? Can you elaborate? I can help with that.
>
> Unreliable? In what way?

Are you aware that KDE PIM developers noticed that the percentage of
KMail users on KDE-PIM's own mailing list has dropped below 50%?  Even
KDE developers are fed up with KDE unreliability.

Did you check my email's user-agent string?  It's "KMail/1.9.9" - the
last Debian STABLE KMail.  How come you're not using KMail if it's so
stable in KDE SC 4?

Sune is not interested in working on KDE 3.5 but he's using slrn via
gmane.

I have great respect for Ana's work but even Ana is using Mutt.

Have you ever actually tried converting normal office workers from
KDE 3.5 to KDE SC 4?  I have.  Twice.  Utter failure.

--Mike Bird