Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 06 Gegužė 2010 20:40:21 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> >  PostgreSQL is apparently
> >  capable of providing the proper features and Tobias Koenig has made
> >  Akonadi working with PostgreSQL since the end of last year
> >  (http://tokoe-kde.blogspot.com/2009/12/akonadi- and-postgresql.html).
> >  That patch was committed to trunk at that time, but apparently didn't
> >  make into SC 4.4 (?).
> >
> > So if you want to use PostgreSQL, your best bet would be to port/base
> > that
> >
> >  patch on 4.4.
>
> Again, would Debian accept such a patch?  Upstream intends that patch for
> KDE SC 4.5, and I don't believe they will apply it to the KDE SC 4.4.x
> line.
>
> I know the majority of the work has already been done.  I can probably
> backport those patches to KDE SC 4.4 before the freeze date, but I don't
> want to start the work if there's no chance for it to get into Debian.

We are generally not interested in backporting random features, Debian is not
ubuntu. So the answer is most likely no.

However, whether to ship akonadi trunk/beta/final of the next version is
another question which is still open. In my opinion, Akonadi itself is pretty
mature so it might be doable. That's KDE integration which is lacking in
quality.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>