Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:39:02PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> > On 2010-05-06, Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:
> > > On Thursday 06 May 2010, Ana Guerrero was heard to say:

> > > While the former is certainly true, the latter is demonstrably false.
> >
> > Where is your code?
> >
> > I will repeat "No one is interested in doing it".
>
> That does not seem to be entirely true as was mentioned elsewhere in this
> thread:
>
> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/
>
> However this seems far away from the man-power behind KDE 3 until 3.5.10.
> To truly get forward with this one it appears to me that way more
> developers are needed. Who then would have less or no time to work on
> improving KDE 4.

Doing stuff in your own is easy. Doing stuff coordinating with a whole distro,
whithin ugly hacks and with a good ending quality, is not.

BTW, I would rather advise people learn how to build their own packages before
using and thus depending in this 3rd party repo, no only because security reasons,
or because it is not built in the top of debian.  This repo is not going to be
there forever, for sure, sooner or later people maintaining it will get tired,
and if you are planning to use KDE 3 forever...

Just pointing about this to people mentioning this repo, nothing direclty to
Martin here :)

Ana