Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 18:18, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you were / are still using Qt3 applications? There is nothing
> wrong with that, but it will be memory-heavy.

No; definitely not.

> So we agree: the more software on the system, the faster it runs! I'm
> installing Gimp now...

_Or_ KDE 3 just has less impact and thus leaves more room for the
other apps ;)

> Then I don't know where the problem is / was. How does it run in KDE
> 4.4? What does top say?

Nothing you could _really_ put a finger on. Just a slightly higher base
load in idle and the occasional sluggish behaviour when actually doing
stuff.

For reference, while typing this email, my total CPU load is ~12% on
the KDE 3 box. On KDE 4, it would be around 20% -- I can get you
better numbers at home.

Richard