Re: KDED4 blocking Weather Applets

Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Dominik Schulz:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010, 12:51:10 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > I just gave in to use network manager. I think there is a bug report
> > as well. Yes, here:
> > https://bugs.kde.org/232469
>
> Thanks for that pointer! That's a solution - at least for me.
>
> $> aptitude remove network-manager
> -> It works :)
>
> Wo needs this ******* network-manager anyway?
>
> But honestly, how stupid can one be to rely only on the network-manager
> to determine if a system is online or not? I thought everyone knew
> that Mozilla bug you cited ...

Okay, well thats the other solution. I gave in and now use network-manager
on eth0 as well. I kept it installed when I am somewhere with a WLAN.

Actually I am also not that fond of it. If it insists on saying "offline",
when it just doesn't know and it knows that it doesn't know, in my eyes
its just broken.