Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

[Nate Bargmann - Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 13:28:23]
> * On 2010 06 May 02:13 -0500, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > I don't get what you're trying to accomplish.
> >
> > On 2010-05-05 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > > In 4.4, kmail depends on mysql-server in order to send mail. (kmail ->
> > > Akonadi  -> mysql-server).
> >
> > So you don't like the dependency to Akonadi? Too bad.
>
> Regardless the rationale, this seems to be an attitude that has become
> very pervasive among KDE developers with the advent of KDE4 and it has
> me looking seriously at the alternatives.  I no longer recommend KDE to
> other users due to the "my way or the highway" attitude I've encountered
> since running KDE 4.2 over a year ago and encountering various issues.

I certainly understand both sides here. The hardest break for KDE 4 was/is
probably the social provocation it induced.
For over a year, the developers that were working hard on getting things
fixed did hear a lot of "you are stupid", "you do not listen to users"
and "give me kicker back" comments. It's not just the developers to blame
if they do not have the patience to answer every "akonady sucks" comment
with proper reasoning.

Regards