Re: Kde 3.5 ...

> Konsole 4's Profile handling is utterly broken. There are multiple
> bugs open upstream about this, none of which has been commented on by
> the developers. I don't see any interest of upstream in fixing these
> issues.

Thanks, Marc. What is Profile handling? If you paste the bug numbers I
will triage and possibly bring more attention to the matter. Thanks.

> I still hope that 4.4.3 will fix the krunner instabilities that were
> introduced in 4.4.

What instabilities introduced in 4.4? It's been unstable since 4.0!
Seriously, though I still do get some plasma crashes in 4.4.2, it is
much improved from the 4.0 days. And since plasma restart
automatically in seconds, it doesn't even bother me if it still
crashes.

Do you have the debug symbols installed? You can use KDE tools to
submit a backtrace on a crash in that case. All you have to do is to
click through the wizard.

> These two issues make me wish to have kde3 back every single day. Eye
> candy is important, which kde4 has more than kde3, but breaking my
> bread-and-butter application that badly is a real turn-off.

The eye-candy in KDE 4 was just a consequence of using Qt4.
Application stability is priority, the problem is that the people who
are now experiencing crashes at this stage of development are not
filing crash reports! When the early adopters moved to 4.0 and 4.1,
they filed crash reports and now their systems are stable. File those
reports, please! It is the only way to fix it!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com