Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 17:58:09 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On ketvirtadienis 06 Gegužė 2010 01:54:06 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > I'm still using kmail/kontact/etc. (basically kdepim) from 4.3 since I
> > have no desire to run yet another RDBMS on my system.  (I already run
> > PostgreSQL, and have a number of apps that use SQLite installed.)

> > Okay, ending this email here, because thinking about a stable Debian that
> > includes KDEPIM 4.4 angers and saddens me.
>
> How many users have postgres installed on their desktop? Do you complain
>  just because `ps aux | grep mysqld` returns something and you can't stand
>  it or you have any real issues with it?

I have real issues with having to spare the disk space and RAM on my laptop
for it.  PostgreSQL is for work; I don't get much choice about running that.

I also have a history with MySQL and I *do* *not* *trust* it with my data.
UPS or not.  My email is fairly important for me -- I am probably in KMail
only slightly less than I am in a source code editor.  When I'm testing or
deploying updates, I spend *more* time in KMail.

Yes.  I agree.  The kmail -> mysql-server dependency is not actually an "RC"
bug, for Debian.

It is for me, but I run an exotic mixed system anyway, so I'll figure
*something* out.