Re: KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

On Wednesday 05 May 2010 16:58:35 you wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 04:21:15PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 May 2010 15:24:49 Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > > Following Qt 4.6.2, uploaded a couple of weeks ago, KDE 4.4.3, has
> > > finally found its way to unstable in the last 48 hours.
> > > Given KDE 4.5.0 is not expected until August, it is likely the next
> > > point release, 4.4.4, will be the KDE version included in next Debian
> > > stable, Squeeze.
> >
> > Please don't force an "Akonadi-enabled" PIM suite on stable users before
> > they are provided with an Akonadi that can use something other than
> > MySQL.
>
> KDE 4.4 is the current stable release, there is not much more options here
> with the freeze happening around the summer *before* 4.5 is out.
> Good news is you have at least a couple of months to develop a patch for
>  this.

Would Debian accept such a patch?  Upstream will not apply it to the 4.4.x
line.

Upstream is already in the process of getting this done for the 4.5 release.

What about shipping KDEPIM 4.3.x?  It works fine with KDEBASE 4.4.x.

Also, what happened to freezing when appropriate ("when it's done")?  Stable
users don't want a half-baked OS.

Okay, ending this email here, because thinking about a stable Debian that
includes KDEPIM 4.4 angers and saddens me.