KDE 4.4.3 in unstable

Hi,

Given no everybody reads planet Debian, here goes a copy of
http://ekaia.org/blog/2010/05/05/kde-443-in-unstable/

Following Qt 4.6.2, uploaded a couple of weeks ago, KDE 4.4.3, has finally
found its way to unstable in the last 48 hours.
Given KDE 4.5.0 is not expected until August, it is likely the next point
release, 4.4.4, will be the KDE version included in next Debian stable,
Squeeze. What this means: go and update to 4.4.3, test, and when you find a
bug, please, follow this instructions [0]. If you are lazy to read it: report
upstream bugs at the KDE Bugzilla and report the packaging/integration bugs in
the Debian BTS. When in doubt, you have the Debian KDE mailing list [1], that is
being successful so far in maintaining a good signal-noise ratio.

I would like highlight the drop in the open bugs in the BTS experimented in
the last 2-3 months, I published this graph in February:

http://ekaia.org/img-blog/2010/ALL_3years-February2009.png

And look at the situation now:

http://ekaia.org/img-blog/2010/ALL_3years-May2010.png

This is mainly due to the great work of Eckhart Wörner. Also there is other
people who contributed to it more modestly, a big thank you to all of you!

As you can see in the second graph, there are less than 1000 bugs open now in
the BTS, they are still too much and time has taught us it is very easy going
over 1000 again, so we still welcome more volunteers looking at bugs.

If you are not the bugsquasher type, you can write HTML and you do some IRC,
we also need somebody to help us reorganize a bit the pkg-kde website[2]. I will
help you personally on this task, but it is good if you can lurk by IRC and
you are not scared to share your doubts with the rest of the team there.

Finally, I promise I will publish something about the status of KOffice
pre-2.2 in Debian, but I still can not say whether it will be in Squeeze.

[0]
http://ekaia.org/blog/2009/09/26/how-to-get-your-bugs-solved-in-debian-kde/
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/
[2] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/