Re: KDE Issues under "Squeeze"

Alle domenica 02 maggio 2010, lrhorer ha scritto:
> hat's just nonsense.  Many packages simply do not have Debian
> sources, and I have used KPackage to successfully install many alien
> packages. In some cases, there may be a reasonable .deb subsitute,
> but many packages, most notably hardware drives, simply have no
> substitute.  Two of my RAID controllers, for example, only have RPM
> distros.  Surely you are not suggesting a PC - Debian or otherwise -
> can do without its hard drives?  They installed fine under KDE3.

You seem to not like either to keep things simple or Debian and KDE. So
why don't you switch to other rpm based distros that have the packages
that you want? All this discussion about what you don't like in Debian
and in KDE is not really meaningful and BTW I don't know of any open
source driver that can't be compiled in Debian for any kernel. If it's
closed source, then again: use the distro that is compatible with the
package format with which the drivers are provided. Just a personal
thought on this topic: it seems very odd that a driver compiled for a
kernel running on a completely different distro, can run on a Debian
kernel too. Are you sure that you are doing things in the right way?
Bye

Valerio