Re: KDE 4.4.1 SC: address book not working

Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Ferdinand Thommes:
> Am Freitag 05 März 2010 12:03:08 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > Hi!
> >
> > The new address book does not appear to work.
> >
> > It says the server protocol is too old.
> >
> > Hmmm, seems it needs a newer version of akonadi.
> >
> > shambhala:~> apt-show-versions | grep akonadi
> > akonadi-server/squeeze uptodate 1.2.1-1+b1
> > akonadiconsole/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadi-contact4/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadi-kabc4/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadi-kcal4/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadi-kde4/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadi-kmime4/exp-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> > libakonadiprivate1/squeeze uptodate 1.2.1-1+b1
> > shambhala:~> apt-cache policy akonadi-server
> >
> > akonadi-server:
> >   Installiert: 1.2.1-1+b1
> >   Kandidat: 1.2.1-1+b1
> >
> >   Versions-Tabelle:
> >      1.3.1-1 0
> >
> >         400 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/main Packages
> >
> >  *** 1.2.1-1+b1 0
> >
> >         450 http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze/main Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> you should update akonadi-server to  1.3.1-1 0 from unstable.

I did as I mentioned below.

ms@shambhala:~> apt-show-versions | grep akonadi
akonadi-server/sid uptodate 1.3.1-1
akonadiconsole/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
libakonadi-contact4/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
libakonadi-kabc4/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
libakonadi-kcal4/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
libakonadi-kde4/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
libakonadi-kmime4/experimental-snapshots uptodate 4:4.4.1-0rc1
> [...]

> > #
> > # Global Akonadi MySQL server settings,
> > # These settings can be adjusted using $HOME/.config/akonadi/mysql-
> > local.conf
> > #
> > # Based on advice by Kris Köhntopp <kris@mysql.com>
> > #
> > [mysqld]
> > skip_grant_tables
> > skip_networking
> >
> > # strict query parsing/interpretation
> > # TODO: make Akonadi work with those settings enabled
> > #sql_mode=strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables,strict_error_for_divi
> > sion_b
> > y_zero,no_auto_create_user,no_auto_value_on_zero,no_engine_substitut
> > ion,no_ zero_date,no_zero_in_date,only_full_group_by,pipes_as_concat
> >
> >  #sql_mode=strict_trans_tables
> >
> > # use InnoDB for transactions and better crash recovery
> > default_storage_engine=innodb
> > # case-insensitive table names, avoids trouble on windows
> > lower_case_table_names=1
> > character_set_server=latin1
> > collation_server=latin1_general_ci
> > table_cache=200
> > thread_cache_size=3
> > log_bin=mysql-bin
> > expire_logs_days=3
> > #sync_bin_log=0
> > # error log file name, relative to datadir
> > log_error=mysql.err
> > log_warnings=2
> > # log all queries, useful for debugging but generates an enormous
> > amount of data
> > #log=mysql.full
> > # log queries slower than n seconds, log file name relative to
> > datadir (for debugging only)
> > #log_slow_queries=mysql.slow
> > #long_query_time=1
> > # log queries not using indices, debug only, disable for production
> > use #log_queries_not_using_indexes=1
> > # maximum blob size
> > max_allowed_packet=32M
> > max_connections=256
> > # makes sense when having the same query multiple times
> > # makes no sense with prepared statements and/or transactions
> > query_cache_type=0
> > query_cache_size=0
> >
> > innodb_file_per_table=1
> > innodb_log_buffer_size=1M
> > innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M
> > # messure database size and adjust
> > # SELECT sum(data_length) as bla, sum(index_length) as blub FROM
> > information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema not in ("mysql",
> > "information_schema");
> > innodb_buffer_pool_size=80M
> > # size of average write burst, keep Innob_log_waits small, keep
> > Innodb_buffer_pool_wait_free small (see show global status like
> > "inno%", show global variables)
> > innodb_log_file_size=64M
> > innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2
> >

> > Test 8:  SUCCESS
> > --------
> >
> > akonadictl found and usable
> > Details: The program '/usr/bin/akonadictl' to control the Akonadi
> > server was found and could be executed successfully.

So this second akonadi error log was with 1.3.1.