Re: PolicyKit Authorization (System Settings) crashes every time

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> On 2009-12-23 Diederik de Haas wrote:
>> Searching for a way to configure it manually (config files) did bring
>>  something interesting to light:  the package policykit was removed, but
>>  not it's configuration file. And no other package starting with
>>  'policykit' was installed!
>>
>> Could that be the problem? Installing policykit-1 didn't fix it though.
>>
> Installing policykit package fixed the crashing (for me).
> policykit and policykit-1 can be co-installed.
> I still can't make the setting I want, but it's not crashing anymore.

policykit and policykit-1 are incompatible with each other. policykit
is becoming deprecated and most stuff in debian has switched to using
policykit-1, including hal. Unfortunately the system settings module
is still using policykit and it is expected to be fully ported to
policykit-1 in kde 4.5.